EightCAP provides low-income households and individuals with housing and homeless assistance as well as referrals and connections to resources. For a housing or homeless services prescreen, call (616) 225-5965 or (866) 754-9315 #3, or for the online form.
Services offered vary by funding availability. Examples include:
- Temporary Shelter through Hotel/Motel Services when local shelters are full or not available.
- Assistance with placement on the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Waitlist with homeless preference and recertification.
- Security Deposit and Rental Assistance (short- & mid-term)
- Specific Veteran Housing Assistance and Services for Veterans and their households (click for SSVF flier)
- Housing Stability Services for those who are behind on their rent or at risk of eviction (click for Housing Stability Flyer)
- Assistance obtaining a State ID and Birth Certificate as required to obtain housing
EightCAP’s Housing and Homeless Services may provide financial assistance for eligible households. Eligibility requirements vary by the program and funding available. A housing/homeless prescreen is the first step in that process. EightCAP is here to help you get back on your feet and self-sufficient again. Even if your household is not eligible for financial assistance, EightCAP staff can connect you with a wide variety of resources.
Eligibility documentation is required. EightCAP is only able to serve those who reside or work within Gratiot, Isabella, Ionia, and Montcalm Counties. If you reside in Michigan, but outside of EightCAP’s service area, you can find your Housing Assessment and Resource Agency (HARA) by visiting: Michigan.gov/mshda or clicking here : michigan.gov/mshda
Residential Rental Directories
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funded through MSHDA.
- Rapid Rehousing Program (CRH) funded through DHHS.
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families(SSVF) funded by VA.
- Emergency Shelter Program(ESP) funded through The Salvation Army.
- Rapid Rehousing Program(RRH) funded through HUD.
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Waitlist Signup and Recertification funded through MSHDA.
- Dedicated + Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) funded through HUD.
- Housing Stability Services (HSS) funded through MSHDA
M-F: 8am - 4:30pm
5827 Orleans Road
Orleans MI 48865